Sunday, January 31, 2010

Movie Night

We have family movie night fairly often, at least a couple times a month.

My kids think the most important rule for family night is to bring every blanket and pillow there is in the whole house into the living room. Even the ones on beds. Silly girls! ;)



Of course popcorn is a tradition, and I often add some surprise down in their bowl... like a piece of chocolate or one or two candies. They've come to expect it, but it's still a fun part of movie night.

On this particular night, I desperately needed a grocery run but just didn't want to get out into the cold to go... so supper became whatever I could find for their little movie bowl. Sounds pitiful, really, but it was hilariously funny to TJ and I that the girls thought this was the best supper ever. They giggled with glee, and chatted to each other about what was in their bowl.



I kid not, I had 1 turkey frank, 2 cheese sticks, 1 box of raisins, a handful of froot loops, and popcorn. I sliced the turkey frank and cheese sticks as thinly as I could and divided them among the 6 bowls. Same with the other goodies, and ta-da... supper. And the kids were happy as ever. Why have I wasted all this time cooking?

This time we watched, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". It was good, I think. I spent most of the time noticing my mouth watering and really wanted to eat everything that was falling from the sky. The cheeseburgers looked good. Then when breakfast with eggs and bacon and pancakes came raining down... that looked REAL good. ;)

1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

I felt the same way when I watched that movie!

I like tbat idea of treats hiding in the popcorn...I may have to use that sometime.