Sunday, October 5, 2008

Satisfaction

- Six beautiful little girls snuggled safely in their beds,
Good night kisses still fresh on their heads.

- Coos of an infant, and big brown eyes.
Baby smells, and baby sighs.

- A glance in the mirror, each buckled in their seat.
"Little Bunny Foo Foo" becomes a goon in defeat.

- A tiny babe's warm breath against my neck,
stealing midnight glances, just one more check.

- Dances, giggles, squeals, leaps and twirls,
and all the glamour in a house full of girls.

- The tug on my finger, "Come on, Mom, Pleeeeease?"
Butterfly kisses and a little hand's tight squeeze.

- Daddy lets me sleep in, after a wakeful night.
But sleep eludes when little girls are all squealing with delight.

- Knees worn from prayer, tired bodies falling in the dust.
A knowing Father, for He walked ahead of us.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! Very good writing! God Bless those little angels!

hsmomma said...

Wow! That is beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

oh yea, here is that blog I was telling you about...make sure you read the story about why she started it! It's great!
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Laurin Pearce said...

Stunning work of art...I love the way that the words flowed together, it was truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!

AJ Huffman said...

Liked the poem. And thanks for welcoming me into your home Sunday evening. Had a great time of fellowship, bible study, and prayer.

Rachie317 said...

Just found your blog today from over at the Grateful House... I'm loving your story. And, I felt this post was a good place to stop reading for the night because it was just so beautiful!