Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me Monday



I did not demand my children eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches, fruit, and yogurt... while I had doritos and a coke. Nuh-uh... not me!

Grace did not tell me that she wants to live with her friend Libby. Multiple times. I did not over analyze. Nor did I take it personally. Not me!

I did not back our big huge van into our little jeep that can't be seen through the back windows - even if it was parked horizontally back there. Definitely not me.

My children did not then contort their little faces into huge eyes or cover their mouths or say, "ooooooooo, momma had a crash"... in those voices reminiscent of elementary school mocking when that kid was about to get in big trouble. Not my kids.

I absolutely did not then blame my husband for parking back there in the first place.

And I totally did not give Faith a great lecture the same day about taking responsibility for her own actions. Because that would be stellar parenting and totally practicing what I preach. Sheesh. Not Me!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm the queen of sneaking 'bad' food while making my kids eat super healthy! I guess I love them more than myself! lol (or I want to make sure there are more Oreos left for me...)

And, I've totally done that before!!! I back OUR CAR that we used to have into Clayton's truck! And, I BLAMED HIM TOO! lol He usually parked in a totally different place... so of course it was his fault that I didn't look behind me to back out.. ;)