Monday, April 19, 2010

Locks of Love

Grace has had long, beautiful hair for years. For awhile, I think her hair distinguished her from her sisters who were so close in age, and that's one reason she loved it so much. People would constantly compliment her hair, and she would stand a little taller, and priss a little more sassy-like.



For a month or so, she's being saying she wanted to cut it. Fine by me, I assure you it's a tangled mess to wash, brush, and fix. She would often cry when I was brushing it out, yet still insist she didn't want to cut it (though I tried to talk her into it). This time, though, it was her own idea, and she stuck with it. I didn't push one way or the other, but I did show her this site, and what she could do with that beautiful hair of hers.



And so she did... Saturday Aunt Lissa (against her will) snipped off a 13 inch ponytail for Locks of Love. And you just thought the walk was sassy beforehand. My word that child strutted around, flipping her head back and forth, hands on hips with a real swagger in her step. Cutie-patootie!

7 comments:

Stacie said...

My daughter decided to cut her hair off for donation last year too. We did some research and choose Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Locks of Love will only make wigs for people who meet financial guidelines AND who permanently lose their hair. The rest they sell for profit. Pantene makes wigs out of all the hair they receive no matter of financials or if you will regrow your hair. This means that cancer patients can recieve a wig for temporary use and they do not sell hair for profits. Just some information for ya to consider.

Rachie317 said...

OMGosh - I usually prefer little girls to have long hair (I just think its so sweet). But that short haircut is TOO CUTE - and I can tell she is just as sassy as she can be! And what a nice way to give to others - good job Grace!

Mom of these kids said...

That is awesome!!! She still looks just as different from her sisters with her snazzy new hairdo!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Which just goes to show she's a beautiful girl INSIDE, too.

Mandy said...

Oh she is precious!!! I hate to say it, but she looks at least a year older now, too! ;) I've always loved her long hair, but good grief she has the perfect little face for that sassy short cut!

Madison's been talking about cutting hers short... Melissa may have more hair mourning in her future lol

Shelley said...

my favorite Files baby :)

glitzen said...

That's adorable! We have a "Locks of Love" post on our blog too! Last summer, Chena had 12-13 inches cut off. She got her certificate too, which was cool.