Friday, February 6, 2009

Dear Blog,

Oh, how I have loved thee. Oh, how I do not wish to call it quits. You've been my therapy. You've been my voice. You've been my connection to other women just like me... (and a few men who know just how to girl talk occasionally).

I've grappled with this. Really. Like it's some kind of life changing, really matters in the long run, so much weight on it, kind of decision. That alone says a lot about blogging. Or maybe it says a lot about my lean towards addictive behaviors. Because, addicted, I am.

I've needed this break. But, I do think I'm ready to go at it again. This time a little less often, and also a little more private. So, I don't really know how that works just yet. I'll figure that out as I go. I want to keep all 5 of you readers.... so, shoot me an email so that I can bring you along. It's brandy, then the underscore, then my last name. Which is files. And that's a yahoo account. That way I can post all the pictures I want and not be so worried about who might see them. Or you know, be that foster mom on the news being judged and jailed for posting pictures of the states' kids (oh, I HATE saying that - they're MY kids) on the internet for the world to see. I might even use their actual names! Then maybe their blog names wouldn't come flying out of my mouth. I actually had a kid ask me the other day, "did you just call me Grace? Whose Grace?" Cause, you see, she has no idea her mom posts her private life ever so blatant and carelessly. Using a name other than her own. Please tell me some of you have called your kids their blog name? I'm such a great mom!

So, shoot me that email, and over the next couple of days I hope to switch over to private, fix the site with a few more pictures, etc.

8 comments:

Keeslermom said...

I've enjoyed reading about your lovely kiddos! Hope things get better soon!

Shelley said...

Obviously you know I am one of the five... so add me.

And by the way, I found a naked baby with Blessing's other name on it today... I don't know how come it didn't make it back home with her, but I will get it to you!

annieology said...

I just realized you think in blog. You know, like when you go to Mexico and still think in English.

Anyway....I too well remember the days of aaaaaaaaa, from years ago, and now they are all four it's at least sane around here. So, I'm wishing you sanity.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Keep me keep me!

Mom of these kids said...

send me an invite!

Amanda and Justin Dreyer said...

Hope you will let us keep reading. We are feeling more and more drawn to fostering... if Justin could just finish school. You guys are a great insight and give us hope that we might actually be able to do it someday!

Rae said...

I would really like an invitation to read your blog after you go private!! Please and thank you!

Becky said...

Well, you must be past the 5 readers by now...but you will bring me along, won't you?? How can you not? LOL